• The SMS shall carry a DCI compliant digital certificate to identify the SMS entity to the SM. The SMS certificate shall indicate only the SMS role unless the SMS is contained within a SPB meeting the protection requirements for any other designated roles.
• The SMS digital certificate may be permanent to the SMS, or “operator certificates” may be assigned to designated personnel (e.g., using a dongle, smart card, etc.) for association with the SMS.
• In the event that Exhibition command and control designs include the TMS
as a device that interfaces with the SMs, such a TMS shall be viewed by the security system as an SMS, and it shall carry a digital certificate and follow all other SMS behavior, Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Intra-Theater Message (ITM) communications requirements.
• Identification of the SMS operator for purposes of the “AuthorityID” field shall be by:
• Certificate thumbprint, where “operator certificates” are used, or
• Username/password or the like, as specified by exhibition management.